1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Alcohol

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Q8sniper, Apr 1, 2024.

1. Q8sniper

Hey guys I’m switching to m1 my Q is do I really need the radiator?? I need some clearance, just drag racing no street use , thanks

2. Punk.Kaos

All that engine heat needs to go somewhere. Without a radiator you're not moving it outa the engine. You might be able to go with a SMALLER radiator, but I doubt you could run totally without one.

3. Q8sniper

That’s what i thought thanks for your time sir

Punk.Kaos likes this.
  4. B E N

Lots of people run drag cars without radiators. Can you tell us more about the combo?

5. saltfever

Methanol does NOT need a radiator if you know how to manage engine starts and idle. It is certainly not needed for a full pull less than 10-12 seconds!

Forcefed86 likes this.
  6. Forcefed86

super common to run a dry block and just circulate water through heads. Only slightly less common to dry deck the heads as well and ditch the coolant system all together.