1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Precision gt4067-hps questions

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Billy L, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Billy L

I bought a a pair of these from a friend of a friend.
    They have a 4in inlet with a 2.75 outlet. And an .81 a/r
    They are t4 67mm
    Journal bearing. In brand new condition.. What hp can these support? I've searched the forum every way I know how for the past two evenings.. Very little info on these.. I called precision and the guy said they were to old and he could not help.. They are around 8 years old..

There old enough that they don't have precision on the compressor housings..

Any help will be appreciated.. Thanks.

2. Mnlx

Typical Precision..... Know what the turbine wheel measures? What are they going on? The compressor should support in the neighborhood of 800 fwhp each on the right setup, but roughly 650-700 each at 15 psi would put you in a good place on the map.

3. Billy L

Thanks for the reply..
    They are going on a 333 dart block sbf.. Ported tw170s, custom ground solid roller.. Victor Jr intake with a blow through setup.. Running a bte top sportsman powerglide, 169 straight cut.. 2900 pound coupe..

I'm not sure on the wheel I just brought them home tonight..

4. Mnlx

What are your hp goals, at what rpm? Sounds like a decent fit.

5. Billy L

I want to make around 900 to the tires.. Really by 7500 rpm. Think that's possible?

6. Mnlx

Yes..

7. M&M Turbochargers

x2 pretty good fit

8. Billy L

Thanks for the help.. It looks like precision would be a little more helpful..

9. TURBO-D MIKE

A lot of the older PTE stuff is Garrett based, thus they really want nothing to do with it anymore. They will do what you want just fine

10. Billy L

Well all I had was some eBay turbos, that being said I guess I'm alot better off. Maybe?

11. TURBO-D MIKE

Yes, you are better off