1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Geardriven F-2 Procharger...Season's Over...11-15-09

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by jevans, Dec 3, 2006.

1. jevans

Strange 9" rearend,adjustable ladderbars
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Frontend Support Bars

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Dashbar

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Cage

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Rearend/Coilovers

[​IMG]#ad

Wishbone

[​IMG]#ad

Notched Frame Rails

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Fuel Pumps Mounted

[​IMG]#ad

Water Injection Pumps Mounting Bracket

[​IMG]#ad

Fuel/Water Cell

[​IMG]#ad

88' Notch

[​IMG]#ad

2. Jake

Re: Geardriven F-2 25.5 Chassis/Ladderbar Upgrade...PICS...

Looks awesome!! I really like those new ladderbars from Chassis Engineering.

3. 25-5

no pictures man. 3:00 pm and :huh:

4. asemaster

badass :chacha: :2thumbs: keep the pics coming

5. Brent Davis

Definately keep the pics coming. That is a very nice ride you got going there.

What carburetor are you using? Why not a belt driven fuel pump instead of the twin A1000's?

6. jevans

thanks Brent, I'm using a 900 CFM BILLET AEROSOL w/ PRO BOWLS from C&S SPECIALTIES. When planning out combination w/ Roger at C&S we decided to use the 2 A-1000's for street use in lieu of belt driven pump. It also helped with freeing up some area at front of motor, I'm using a geardriven procharger and I'll be driving a vacuum pump and alternator off geardive unit. I have mocked up motor and accessories and it got real busy. I'll post some pics soon showing motorplate w/geardrive and accessories,the car is being finished at chassis shop and I should have it back in about 2 weeks.

BLOWTHRU CARB

[​IMG]#ad

7. Brent Davis

Man I like that. This is gasoline too right? I really can't wait to see how well this thing is going to run man. I'm excited to see it start up and run. Good luck and definately, definately keep the pics coming.

8. asemaster

that carb is bad ass!!! keep them coming. I do have a question about the chassis. are the torque boxes still in the car or did they have to be cut out for the ladder bars?

9. jevans

Motor is going to run on gasoline, I will run pump gas on street and C-16 when I turn it up. The torque boxes were removed to gain clearance for ladder bars and brackets. I originally was going to stick with upper and lower control arm set-up but changed to new adjustable ladder bars based on horsepower of procharger.

10. asemaster

thanks for the reply jevans. I have a 25.5 that I am building too. I was wanting to be able to switch out between "stock suspension" and a ladder bar setup. it looks as if the ladder bars are going to be a real tight fit while trying to keep the torque boxes in place. :bang: >:(

11. onefastmustang

this car is going to be bad ass when finished............

12. jevans

Geardrivien F-2, Trial fitting w/ mock-up motor
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

New Powerplant : 400 c.i. Dart Block 4340 Forged Crank and Rods(L-19 Bolt Upgrade)
    CP Custom 8.5 to 1 Pistons Hellfire Ring Package King Bearings
    AFR 225 ported (flow 330 int. 240 exh. @ .700)
    Cammotions Custom Cam (int. .688 lift .292 duration/exh. .688 lift .296 duration 115 C/L)
    Crower Severe Duty Lifters Manton Pushrods Manley Netex Springs Harland Sharp Shaftrockers
    Edelbrock Victor Intake ported MSD Crank trigger and Crank Trigger Distributor
    Motor built by FOX LAKE POWER PRODUCTS (Ron and Cory)

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

13. Mach_427

Looks great... I'm putting together a very similar project. Which Strange housing is that? do you have a Part#

Thanks,

Jason

14. 347notch

wow nice work!!

15. jevans

Jason, I'll be going to chassis shop this afternoon, I'll get part # and post it...............................thanks, John

16. Tims86-9.80

Build looks great, keep the pictures coming. Should fly!!!

17. jeremy mifflin

that thing is just sick.......see more and more guys going with the c&s carbs....do they have the blowthrough thing together

18. DaOnE51T

Sick build..........keep the pics coming!

19. jevans

thanks for the props everyone, this car has been alot of fun planning out and I've had alot of help putting this whole thing together so far. I was at the chassis shop (ARK HOT RODS) today and it looks like thier going to be finished next weekend. The cage was being completed and they were starting to layout for the stainless steel headers.
    Jeremy, this is my first engine with a blowthru carb but C&S came highly recomended from a couple of guys that have been helping me with this build (Patrick Barnhill and Bill Lutz). I've noticed alot of thier carbs on some really fast cars since I started building mine.

20. botietr

The build looks great!!

Question for you and everyone else who runs the big bowls with the dual needle and seat.i have the bowls and looked at a bunch of peoples cars that have them and always only see it getting fed on one side.we buy them for the extra fuel that gets fed by the 4 needles and seats and only use 2.isn't that like using the old regular bowls?fuel will only pass through 2 needles feeding one side.i know the bowls hold more fuel captivity wise.

build on.