1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Vacuum ? Lines

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 5psprinter, May 4, 2021.

1. 5psprinter

On the intake side of the 2.3 Ford out of a turbo coupe.
    There is a fittings with a hose attached to a plastic manifold that if it wasn't after the turbo I would call vacuum lines. Is there vacuum there or is that boost pressure?

2. Disney Lincoln

Some are vacuum with check valves. I think it also has a some coolant port on the intake with vacuum lines that is a thermally controlled switch.

3. 5psprinter

4. 5psprinter

So there is vacuum on that side of the turbo ?

5. power band

Some are vacuum with check valves.

Not sure what line is to/from but it's common to use off-boost intake vacuum for distrib' vac' advance with a one-way check valve closing on-boost and eliminating the vac. advance . Vac line may also go to automatic tranny pressure modulator again with a one-way check valve.

6. Disney Lincoln

Where else would it get vacuum? When the throttle blade is shut, there is vacuum.