1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo header tube length?

Discussion in 'Turbo Sport Compact, 4-6 Cylinder and Import Turbo Tech' started by testchimp, May 1, 2009.

1. testchimp

How are guys figuring out what length to make the primary tubes on the turbo headers? I have noticed that four cylinder headers are mostly long tube. I need to make a 2.3 ford header and want to make it the correct length.

2. rangergt

I"m gonna use a 14" primary length tube because that is what the guy that built my turbo told me to use (12-14"). I don't really know other wise, I just figure you build the system according to what the person or company that is building your components for you said. I know what you mean though I've noticed some aweful long primary tubes on some builds and I've wondered about the difference. Maybe this would be a good question for one of the tech forums.

3. svojohn