1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1996 Chevy Caprice 5.7L LT1

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by sargestaff, Mar 4, 2017.

1. sargestaff

What kind of turbo should I get to match up with my Caprice? It has 217k miles but the engine was rebuilt at 150k by the owner before me. Has a ram air intake

2. Mnlx

That's a very general question, and much more needs to be known. Goals? Usage? Future plans? Budget?

3. firebird_1995

Stock lt1's don't typically take well to boost. The pistons have a tendency to check out over 8#. Even if you keep it under that you're still on borrowed time. It can be done but unless you are planning on a fully forged bottom end in the future I would suggest against it. Nitrous is a better fit for SBE lt1's