1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo, E85, no intercooler, water methanol injection?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by grogetter, Aug 14, 2021.

1. grogetter

I'm building a Gen 2 LT1 turbo, planning to run VP E85, tuning using speed density using an MS3x. I had the car running on gasoline n/a so I know the ignition is working. Should I invest in a water/meth injection system so that the IAT doesn't make the fueling go haywire under boost?
    This car is only used at standing mile events so street manners are not an issue.
    TIA

2. Mnlx

Yes, many run meth/water with a combo like yours. There's some good info on the site. Search Forcefed86's posts.

64nailhead likes this.
  3. grogetter

Thanks!!

4. 64nailhead

I'm running an intercooler and still using meth. Are you planning to use the MS to control it or a standalone?

5. grogetter

Going to use the MS3 to control spark and fueling and let the AEM controller to control water/meth injection.

6. grogetter

Mnlx and Nailhead. I searched Forcefed86's posts but didn't find anything useful. I'm a noob to the forum so I'm probably not searching correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.