1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

66 Chevell 514 bbc

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Bruiser2008, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Bruiser2008

I'm starting this thread just too get this off my chest pics and a serious update to come later.. The car just came off the dyno and put down 428 ponies at the wheel so probably close to 600 fly wheel NA this should be one bad sob once the boost comes into play.

2. Twin Turbo Skylark

I would LOVE to see some pics of this car!!!

3. M&M Turbochargers

looking forward to your progress :corn:

4. Bruiser2008

Looking forward to your help lol.. I'm currently watching the rear main leak yea good for me

5. M&M Turbochargers

aahhhhhh piss!! a rear main leak ,,, really??? all the things that could go wrong , i guess it could be worse

6. Bruiser2008

Yes it could be worse. I'm also chasing electrical gremlins they are always sneaky little suckers

7. Bruiser2008

8. Bruiser2008

9. Bruiser2008

IMG_20150815_110119084.jpg #ad
    hum I wonder where that gremlin could be hiding in there. Hold my beer and watch this I'll get that sucker

IMG_20150815_110119084.jpg #ad

10. MOREHORSEPOWER

Must be hard to read the gauges . I don't know if you have seen the gauge rings that tilts the gauge ? Most boat's us them . Nice 66 !!

MHP

11. Bruiser2008

So I've got a little extra time on my hands at the moment so let's here some opinions on what turbos, bov,waste gates, inter cool or don't piping size what ever you got let's hear it. Street car five speed 3700 pounds+- rpm limit of 5500 would like to see up wards of 1000hp

12. M&M Turbochargers

my vote borg s366's

13. Bruiser2008

Just a quick update here I'm pretty pissed with my engine build this thing is leaking oil from everywhere.. The distributor gasket never got replaced or the valve covers gaskets and I was told that I didn't need to worry about the small leaks and the valve cover gaskets were reusable and in good shape that I needed to replace the covers them selves, also the rear main leaks like a sivvvv. I took the valve covers off to replace the gaskets and found that one was torn half through almost all the way around I put new ones on and it sealed just fine, the builder pulled the distributor infront of me that one was partially stuck to the intake and probably ten years old. So what does he do blames it on the locking collar on my msd pro billet installs a new gasket and silicones it after I said I'm not a fan of silicone......... Timing never gets adjusted right fkme. The big problem is the rear main and I'm not so sure but my oil pressure seems low, that's where is like to get some opinions at temp it dropped to about 18psi idling it jumps up quick but fluctuates all over the place radically and makes about 70 cold and at high rpm, it has 15/40 in it any thoughts? Also the pump is from old build not sure what it actually is.

14. Bruiser2008

An update here I ended up moving to the Denver area from North Dakota so not much has happened with the car just jetting for altitude and tapped my intake for vacume to run my brake booster, it looks like adding a pcv valve and new rear main seal fixed the leaks,

15. Twin Turbo Skylark

Any more pics of that super cool car?

16. BlownShovel

in for new pics