1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Alternative Auto

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by biohawk1, Apr 24, 2012.

1. biohawk1

So I'm thinking of taking my turbo mustang up to Lidio at Alternative Auto here in Michigan. Just wondering if anyone can offer feedback on this shop?

2. cravens02

I was wondering the same thing cuz hes like the only guy that I have found sofa to tune in Michigan I have a turbo mustang build bought 1/2 way done haven't looked to hard yet cuz I'm not ready

3. Stangguy

The only Tuner in MIchigan? What system do you have?

4. Dooger

Great shop and experience dealing with Lidio. Just had my car there a month ago installed a new cam and full dyno tune. Very happy with the results and tune. Super clean shop and Lidio would call and keep me posted on any updates or issues if they had questions about my build.

I went to Lidio last summer and he's very picky on what he tunes and what he works on which is good because I'm sure he's seen his fair share of shit pull up at his shop and say "hey fix this or get me 1,000hp could you".. He was hesitant to work on my car over the phone since it was built by another shop out of state but once he saw the parts used and how well built the car was he was cool with it. We did 3 base line pulls on the dyno last year after my car had about 300 break in miles to see where we stand. Car put down 437rwhp 456tq at 5,800rpms an 8.5lbs boost. This last month installed a new Ed Curtis turbo cam and fullly tuning the car we ended at 479rwhp 529tq at 5,500 an 10lbs boost. Nothing to brag about as far as strongest #'s in the world but it's a very safe tune, car idles great at 1,000rpm's and fun's strong for a street car. He wouldn't let the car leave his shop until he felt it was correct and he was happy with it along with me. Shit he did a morning cold start and didn't care for a few things after a road test so tweaked the tune a little and then had me out for a road test to make sure I was happy before we settled up. :chacha:

5. exo

Lidio has been around for a long ...time. Never heard any negative remarks about his shop. He was also active and in person at many events through the years. Continue to ask around. Keep us posted.

6. ford rules

Besides he wont do turbo cars...
    Called about a month ago and talked with him and he told me he dosent tune turbo cars anymore. I am now going to go with baker engineering instead.

7. biohawk1

Yea Lidio explained to me the reason he stopped tuning turbo cars. He said that after he would tune a car people would leave and some time down the road they would start turning up the boost a bunch along with other modifications and not properly have the car re-tuned to support those changes.
    Then the motors go ka-pow and they want to bring them back to him for a warranty.
    that's the jist of it.
    so I can understand why he doesnt want to deal with that headache.

8. 10secgoal

That's why I won't tune other people cars

9. biohawk1

Well luckily since I am a repeat customer Lidio was willing to help me out and take on the task of tuning my car. Besides the few issues that i need to sort out the car tuned very easily. End result
    On 8psi the car made 431rwhp 466rwtq. I'd say that's not too bad for a stock long block.
    I have to say that Lidio will definitely be receiving business from me in the future.
    Engine goodies-
    Edelbrock intake w 75mm TB
    FoMoCo E-cam
    Ported stock E7 heads
    PD 70mm turbo kit

10. execlon

I got my tune their on the 20th this month he was very picky on the car and looked it over before he put it on the dyno. I have a 1990 mustang lx turbo and he got 459.7rwhp out of it he pulled lots of timing so my stock block would last i would recommend him.