1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo Company Feedback

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by Chris95svt, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Chris95svt

I'd like to make a sticky for anybody who is having MAJOR problems in getting a kit, this does not include small items, but rather problems like:

1. Not getting a kit in reasonable time
    2. Getting horrible customer service
    3. Paying for a kit, never recieving it, or not getting any followup calls

If you are posting GOOD feedback, maybe a post with the header as follows:

Good: HP Performance can deliver!

or

Bad: Turbolocity is out of business

The basics to help people do searches for future purchases. People need to be heard so that you can see who provides the best customer service backed by a good kit.

I hope this helps.

2. stangbro01

good idea

3. ronlp

I'd like to take this opportunity to call notice to the fact that this is probably the most viewed but least replied to thread ever on TM.com ---- ~970 views and one friggin reply in like seven months?

I think if this thread had more responses it may avoid a lot of the repetitive questions about kits and companys in main tech since it's a sticky and could offer a lot of user summarys in one place.

I guess this thread was mostly meant for recent transactions, but to justify this post I'll list the cliffnotes on the kit I bought a year and a half ago:

Cartech SN95 Outlaw
    Customer service with Cartech and Mental Addiction were both excellent
    Arrived in four weeks
    Nothing was missing
    Fit pretty well with little mods to the car
    Quality of fabrication/welding is some of the best I've ever seen
    Clamps were kind of cheesy, but easily replaced
    Long tube H-pipe needed to be shortened one inch to use OE style catback
    System works quite well despite the fact that the rest of the car is killing me slowly. :(

Next.....

4. boostedfoxbody

5. bross03cobra

SIMPLY AWESOME TURBOHORSEPOWER

As most of you guys know, the car put down 741.4RWHP & 671.9RWTQ with my little old 284 ci built motor on 15psi,15*timing and pump gas. Their fit & finish is excellent and customer service is simply fantastic. I recommend them highly to anyone and everyone interested in a quality turbo kit and company that cares about their customers.:D

6. twinturbo4v

HP twin 57 kit for 1996 cobra
    ordered 10/2/2005
    received complete ~12/28/2005
    It took about 3 months

My only complaint is they charged the balance to my CC before they shipped complete. Email updates would have been nice too. Otherwise I'm completely happy with HP!

7. boostedsvtsnake

Pro-turbo kits aren't bad products, just bad service. I talked to Greg and he knows his part #'s for their applications to certain setups but as for actually knowing anything about a combustion engine and how it works, HA! forget about it....

i had 3 pieces that were wrong in my order, like the air inlet tube they sent me was for PI heads(99+) and i have B-series heads(96-98) well. after trying several times to get the right pieces for my kit, they said i would have to ship the old parts back before they sent out my new parts.....WTF IS THAT ??? i just spent thousands of dollars and b/c they sent me the wrong parts they wanted me not only to pay for s/h BOTH WAYS but wait until they got the old parts to inspect them....wow.

so I just showed up at their doorstep at 7:55am on Monday morning and nevertheless, got MY parts. unbelievable.....

granted i got my 'kit' when there were no turbo kits avaiable. i think mine was the 2nd or 3rd DOHC kit they had sold.

all in all have nothing against Pro-turbo but just be VERY careful on who you talk to at WHATEVER shop you're dealing with....

8. ctozzi

i ordered a hellion turbo kit on monday and it showed up 100% complete 3 DAYS later. Their customer service is A+ so far. I have not installed it yet but i will let you know.

9. ctozzi

Here is my 1st dyno run @ 7 pounds of boost

10. Hades

Same kit ordered for my 01 GT on June 6th, still not completely here yet. All I hear is the parts are ready to ship, week after week... Still waiting on the suspension and the headers and downpipe. ordered mine thru HPP in Lewesville, Tx. Not happy with HP and the responses they give.

11. ddv005

Pro Turbo Kits, great quality, decent fit, take for FREAKIN EVER :bang: :bang: Mine took 6 months and still arrived incomplete.

12. Hades

The rest of my kit finally arrived on Sept. 14. Car should be ready any day now!!! :chacha:

13. Dunn1

Forced Inductions
    I ordered my turbo exhaust housing, a Wastegate and Vband clamp kit from them roughly around 1/17/07. I have YET to see ANYTHING from them on 2/2/07.

This is now the second weekend in which i have to put off working on and finishing up my turbo car, not only for myself, but for my buddies memorial cruise that we are having on 2/17/07, who died in Africa last year in a helicopter crash...now i won't be able to get the car done and tuned for the cruise!!!

Hell now that I look at it, they have yet to even charge it to the card I have given them 2 weeks ago! My statement shows no balance from them...god knows if they have even tried to ship it to me. Supposedly the Vband clamps were to come seperate from the turbo, from Texas, and thats fine, but holy crap, 2 weeks?!?!? My buddy ordered a APS TT kit for his Corvette and they shipped it to him in 4 days...thats from AUSTRAILIA.

I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone before and after Christmas for at least 8 days...I would have done $1500 worth of business from them if they would have just picked up the phone one of the 20 times i had called to order parts! I guess thats just chump change to them, Im a small timer. :bah:

The only time i got someone to answer the phone was the day I ordered the parts, on 1/17/07. Jose had Emailed me responses on a few questions, but that isnt good enough, Im not going to order parts through yahoo email :bang:. I have recieved all of my other parts from Precision Turbo, Anderson Motorsports and Holcomb within decent amount of times...but this is just stupid. >:(

14. cm4hawks

I have been dealing with B&G GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE and knows what they are talking about. GREAT PRODUCT.

15. KWIK HUH

I ordered the same kit late April and didnt recieve kit from HP till late August. Then didnt receive piping from ceramic coaters till late September. My shipment didnt come with a parts list so I didnt realize I was missing an important part till last week. They said as soon as they get a shipment of those parts in, they will overnight them to me. God only knows when that will be!!!

They were the same with me...week after week, they kept saying its ready, almost ready, some parts still havent come!!! Once they even said it shipped "yesterday" and they shipped it the following day.

Oh well...Im in the istall process now and I hope the outcome will be well worth the wait. Im in no hurry now thats for sure.

One thing though...Linda is very nice. So is Nathan. I think they are just toooooo busy for us little people. Believe me, Im going to be calling alot for help with my install. Ive called a couple times now and Nathan has been very helpful.

Joey

16. Cobrazilla

They may be friendly on the phone, but they are still screwing us out of our thousands of dollars that we gave them. They can start being a little more honest.

At least the one time I spoke to Brian at BG, he told me honestly that he was backed up for quite a few months and that he could not tell me exactly when he would be able to do a kit for me, and that is why I went to HP, but little did I know they were not honest.

17. KWIK HUH

Got my kit installed and dyno tuned and put down 425rwhp/473rwtq @ 5000rpm. 8.73lbs of boost (stock wastegate springs), and only 9* of timing. Timing was backed down to 9* cuz it kept wanting to make more power. Got up to 438rwhp once and I wanted it safer so we backed it down. Has alot of lag though, so I'm gonna buy 5lb. springs for my wastegates, and have it re-tuned. We're gonna try running lower boost and add more timing. Overall I'm very happy. Lots of power it minimal boost. I'm sure we can still get the same 425rwhp with 6.5 to 7lbs of boost with more timing. Hopefully that will reduce the HUGE lag that it has.

Joey

18. 99Gt

Does anyone know if it will speed up the process if you go pick up the kit yourself? I'm only about 4 hours away so i could just go drive and get it from Roswell.

19. blown33

you can try I live in alb. and have known most of these people have lots of freind that deal with them they make a good product but dont seem to have there finances in order . it seems you cant get parts if you dont pay you suppliers i am ready to put a kit in my car and tryed to deal with hellion no one ansers the phone and if i dont want them to do all the work they dont want to deal with me much so i called jim at turbo horse power and he has my kit in stock and ready to go was very up front about what other mods. i need to make this work that no one else told me and what my motor can take what is best for what i want so i will be picking mine up this week. its for a 05 gt. also no one else will show me actual dyno # on what they make. :2thumbs: :eek:

20. bullittbaby

Hp Can't deliver they don't send parts ,they don't ship the right parts. I have had my kit for (years) and still need parts to make it work .
    ((( Post a sticky please ))) NO one should buy a kit from HP until they help the customers they already have (yes they could go out of business )If they have the balls to step up and help us !

bridal-shoal