1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Airesearch/Garrett turbo identification help

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by podders, Sep 10, 2020.

1. podders

Hey all, first off i'll apologise as no doubt these questions get asked alot and no doubt people get tired of it. I did try searching here and on google but had no luck. The turbo stamp has come so thats no help.
    Here's the info i do have and if any pics are required i'm happy to get some, i have a feeling this maybe some sort of hybrid, but hoping i may get some info on what power this turbo maybe capable of producing aswell.

I wrote these measurement down a while back so if any seem too off i may need to double check:

Compressor housing .70AR
    Wheel in: 67mm/ 66.6mm - smaller blades in between
    Wheel ex: 83.9mm
    Trim: 63mm based on the above

Two numbers i can roughly make out on compressor backing plate
    123071, the other is 408997-11 with the A symbol underneath followed by roman number 2 II

Exhaust housing: T3 .63AR
    Wheel in: 63.4mm
    Wheel ex: 73.5mm
    Trim: 74.4mm based on the above

Any info would be greatly appreciated and if you need anything else from me i'll do my best to help.

Thanks

2. Mnlx

I believe it's a T67 with a P trim turbine wheel. Very common turbo years ago. I think your turbine numbers are off just a bit because of the number of blades, measuring across them usually doesn't give a super accurate measurement. A T67 commonly has a 67x84 compressor, and a 74.5x64.5 P trim turbine

3. podders

Thanks for the reply, by the look of it you're correct i was most likely off with my measurements, so it does appear to be a T67, at least i've identified it now, just to send it off and get it inspected before i sell it.

Thanks again