1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

PI cams and Turbo?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by justinschmidt1, Aug 7, 2012.

1. justinschmidt1

So im thinking about throwing the stock PI cams in my car and ditching this blower cams....

Im not really sure if its a good idea but I know my car is really weak mid range but does make good power up top currently.

Im running a 4.6 2v, 67mm billet wheel turbo, "heavily" ported PI heads, eddy victor jr manifold, and hp 292s blower cams.

It made 470hp/435 tq on 9 psi and 512hp/480 tq on 12 psi.

The peak numbers arent too bad but the issue is there is not much going on mid range. The car makes power like I have a centri blower on it, not like a turbo.

Ive also seem some graphs where stock cams make more power than aftermarket NA cams everywhere so who is to say the stock PI cams wont out perform my blower cams everywhere?

Anyone making big numbers on PI cams?

With the pi cams, stock heads, and eddy manifold the car was making more and more power with the vortech SI even at 6500 rpms just an FYI for those that think the stock PI cams wont make power up top.