1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

dual wastegate compound turbo idea

Discussion in 'Advanced Tech Section' started by tailz99, Apr 6, 2015.

1. tailz99

i made this diagram showing how this would work on a 3.0l 2jz, HKS 272 cams(not to scale obviously), looking for 1200bhp
    just wondering if the pipe diameters work and also if doing 3-1 to 2-1 instead of just 6-1 would effect it at all?

this wasnt what i originally planned on doing because the extra plumbing, turbulence, and cost, but it seems like the only way is to use two if i wanna get alot flow

any thoughts? thanks
    compound dual wastegate w measurements.png #ad

compound dual wastegate w measurements.png #ad

2. VR4drive92

Depending on how much pressure you want out of the high pressure turbo (the small turbo) you might not really need two 60mm gates. Too large of wastegates blow down the drive pressure quickly when the valve first cracks open.

You're primary runner and secondary runner diameters don't seem too crazy either. I'd rock it and see what happens! I used to run 2.25" PRIMARIES on my old 3000GT VR4.