1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1.25 to 1.10

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 3 window, Mar 28, 2017.

1. 3 window

Quick question. I have an s475/83 with a t4 1.25 housing on my 5.3 right now. Engine has a set of 243 heads, JFR 218 cam, truck intake and flipped manifolds. I usually rev it to 6500 an wonder if I could get a little more "oomph" by going to a 1.10 housing? I just don't want to choke this thing out at 6500. I've run it at 17 psi so far and the IATs aren't bad but I'd like to push it up to 20 this year. That'd be tops. Do you think the 1.10 housing is worth it? If so, what could I expect?

2. 434chevelle

I went from 1.10 to .9 a/r on twin t4 s467s. I didn't notice much of anything. Maybe 200 rpm difference in spool and felt a little weaker up top.

3. Forcefed86

Unless it's not responsive enough for you a smaller housing won't make more power. It will give more response and less "oomph". If you want more power put in a larger am and a T6 S480. :)