1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

turbo bob 1968 camaro

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by turbo bob, Sep 24, 2006.

1. turbo bob

Thanks for not crucifying me because I'm new to forums, YOU GUYS ROCK!!!! anyway on my camaro I do not have an intercooler, however i do have a 2 stage water injection system not installed yet. With my set-up, when I increase my boost
    from 8 lbs to 15 lbs should i back more timing out, or would it be safe to tune the water injection with the current set-up-----20 degrees initial, ramped 6 degrees per 1,000, 24 total added timing, backing out 2 degrees per lb of boost.
    I have been checking my plugs, and I'm on the rich side, O2 meter never goes lean when in boost,my car does not run hot stays at 180 degrees, and the turbo's don't seem to get hot on the compressor side. On a previous question one response to my post said that with my timing curve I might not be making GOOD POWER because of not enough timing because I could only get to 3-4 lbs of boost footbraked in the driveway My pyrometer at turbo inlet is around 1000-12000 WHAT DOES THIS TELL YA? Thanks, Turbo Bob