1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Help spacing a small turbo

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Toger13, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Toger13

Hi

I'm new to the forum and hoping for a little help with decision making

I have a Citroen Saxo turbo although it's probably not familiar to a lot of you
    The standard engine is a 1600cc 16 valve NA engine producing 120bhp at the fly

Right onto my engine it has been bored and stroked to 1740cc using forged Pistons rods and crank, it has a heavily worked head with larger valves and turbo spec cams it currently produces 348hp at the wheels on uk 99 Ron pump gas using a GT28RS ball bearing based turbo which is a pretty good compromise but it's quite an old turbo now and has abit too much lag spools at 4000rpm but also runs out of puff about 6500 rpm the engine is good for 7500rpm

The interesting bit I am planning a twin turbo compound/sequential setup so basically a compound setup with a bypass valve valve to divert boost around the small turbo when the larger one is on boost now there is a huge selection of good turbos for the large turbo but been such a small engine I am struggling with the small one

I would like to be making boost just off idle and keep it going till about 4500 rpm where hopefully the big turbo will be on song I was thinking about one of the small TD04 turbos like the 9b or one of the 13's but these are old turbos fitted to production cars in the early 90's etc

So my question is any one got any options for a small more modern turbo that will fit the bill that I can get flanges for and can safely use externally gated I worry abit with welding up the internal gate as if it drops off it will go through the other turbo lol

I'm hoping to run 1-1.5 bar of boost too

Thanks in advance
    Si