1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo blow thru mustang dies under load

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Fokai, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Fokai

I been restoring this car for 5 years now and finally got it running my issue is when the car is under a load it dies. 306 hci, csu blow thru carb, on3 turbo kit,c4, a1000 fuel system, Msd6 btm, msd distributor locked out and set to 35 before boost fuel psi is at 7. Ngk one step colder plugs gapped 28-30, AFR at idle is around 12.5-13.0 I'm stumped I moved timing up and down and played with fuel I just can't get it runing any better car can't even do a burn out just no power. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

2. Mnlx

What happens to afr when under load? Fuel pressure? What ign system? Gapping plugs to .020"-.025" wouldn't hurt to start.

3. Fokai

crushing 14-15 when I let out throttle it spikes to 16 after rolling on to 1/4 throttle and Ok I'll try gaping plugs to 20-25

4. Fokai

Fuel psi is at 7 msd 6 btm locked out msd distributor

5. Fokai

I tested btm with regulator and air compressor and it drops timing like it suppose to also checked regulator and it increases psi when it gets psi.

6. bigblocknotch

Make sure your fuel pressure regulator is referenced to boost. Fuel pressure must remain at set point above manifold pressure ( 7psi fuel pressure+10 psi boost needs 17 psi fuel pressure under boost)

7. Fokai

I have it hooked up to carb hat

8. Fokai

I have it like this: Fuel regulator to carb hat, BOV to manifold, wastegate and msd BtM carb hat, boost gauge manifold.

9. Cpt. Slow

Should be below 12 on the wideband at WOT in my opinion to be safe.