1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

where to drill and tap for waste gate vacuum

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by rustyruststang50, Oct 5, 2012.

1. rustyruststang50

should i drill and tap my turbo housing? i have a magum turbo that is not pretapped or should i tap some where else?

2. tbaggins

Supposedly the compressor housing is the place that builds pressure the fastest. I am going to be tapping my housing this weekend. I picked up a tap and a couple of brass fittings from autozone. Currently I am running a hose from a cross over pipe to the upper portion of the wastegate, with a hose comming from the manifold going to the lower portion. I figured the vacuum would help keep the wastegate closed longer. It works pretty well. I just don't think I am building boost as fast as I should, so I am switching to the housing.

To be more direct, drill and tap the compressor housing, per the picture in the next post, or use it someplace in your piping. You can even use a manifold reference, it just won't react as fast if both ports of a delta gate are hooked up to it.

3. M&M Turbochargers

usually the housing has a brass plug for waste gate ref. if we have drill and tap the housing we commonly use 1/8npt in the housing near the outlet, sometimes there are bosses cast into the housing for this purpose

http://www.hevosvoima.com/foorumi/files/mp/MasterpowerPerformanceKatalogi.pdf

above is a link to the master power catalog with pics of where they have the ref lines installed

4. tbaggins

your catalog is in portuguese

5. M&M Turbochargers

the base plant is in Brazil,, if you review you will find English also

6. tbaggins

I will be in brazil soon, maybe I should bring some back with me

7. stangman9897

Lo Pan can read portuguese :D