1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

How can I calculate boost with impeller speed?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by mtrain, Oct 5, 2012.

1. mtrain

I've got some ATI Procharger cogged pulleys for sale, and everyone keeps asking me how much boost it will make.

Well, for my engine 540fe Ford it would be X, but for a 302 cid, I don't have a clue.

Here is what I did. I went to this site which calculates impeller speed, which calculated to be
    38117.65, with a 7.5 crank pulley, and a 4.25 supercharger pulley, shifted at 6k rpms. {again the shift rpm is just a guess as I don't know what rpm someone would shift their car}.

So with all of that given, how does that translate into boost?

Thanks.

2. Mnlx

Probably not much help but, I have an old pc performance analyzer that allows changing of head units, pulley ratios, and cid, then it calculates boost.

3. wantabe

Alittle hard..
    The turbo and pro charger impellers are non positive displacement pumps
    So, the pumping chamber ( between the fins). Doesnt calculate out to a defined number.

4. cat herder

Any chaos theory experts in the house? :hmm:

5. mtrain

Does anyone have a link to a boost calculator based on pulley size?

6. mtrain