1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Chrysler LA 318 twin turbo sizing

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by bryan_bravo, Apr 12, 2021.

1. bryan_bravo

Hi everyone, first post here.
    I have a small block mopar 318 with 360 heads (low compression but am looking to boost it up to 8.5-9ish)
    I plan on reinforcing the rotating assembly, head studs....

I plan on having this vehicle 1975 plymouth duster(weight 3300~) being a hot daily driver that can cruise on highway as well. I like the idea of running two small turbos seeing as how I want all power in the 1000-5000 rpm range. Ideadlly make 4-500 rwhp

What do you guys think of the small turbos found on 1980s turbo diesels. There are some at the junkyard near me
    Here are some specs I see pertaining to the turbo itself

-Model: Garrett/Airesearch TA0301 (T3 Series)
    -Compressor Trim: 50
    -Compressor Housing a/r: .42
    -Turbine Housing a/r: .48
    -Oil Cooled only
    -Recommended applications: 150-275hp, 1.5L-2.2L

2. Mnlx

Although boost at low rpm sounds like a great thing, it's not the best idea. Low-ish boost from 2500-5000 would be doable imo. Diesel turbos work fine, but with the price, and decent quality of import turbos, they sometimes make more sense. If you're set on the Diesel turbos, some compressor, and turbine wheel measurements would help.

B E N likes this.