1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

ebay turbo kits

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by noahsmm, Aug 25, 2023.

1. noahsmm

are ebay kits even worth it or are they gonna break in 2 weeks? i

2. Russell

My car has a ton of eBay (china) parts but I didn't buy a kit I bought them one at a time. Less than $300 billet 7875, 3" intercooler, 3" aluminum pipe kit, speed daddy BOV and WG. The only thing I wish I would have got better quality was the oil feed and drain lines.

Been on the car over a year knock on wood so far so good. It would be nice to name brand parts but I would probably still be saving for them.

I wish someone would do a heads up back to back comparison between a similar size, eBay, VSR, FP, and PTE. Some of the covers and housing look like they came out of the same mold. The wheels, CHRA, or QA-QC may be different? Do more $$ = more smiles?

ummduh and nxcoupe like this.
  3. B E N

nxcoupe likes this.
  4. Russell

Additional information. I don't know anything about the cheap hot sides. I turned the shorty headed forward and cut up and welded mostly oem exhaust pipe with some aluminum coated 3" to make my hotside. I don't like the way the kits ran the down pipe so I made my own. It was a great experience. Still undecided how I will do the next one.

5. KEVINS

I saw this video earlier this year and loved the turbo test comparison:

The first 13 minutes is great info about the Chinese turbo but the nuts/bolts of testing it starts at 13 minutes.

ks

nxcoupe and TurboSnake281 like this.