1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo 993cc Briggs

Discussion in 'Turbocharged Boat and Watercraft Forum' started by Stualaska, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Stualaska

I have a 993cc air cooled Briggs V-twin on a Godevil mudmotor. Two years ago I installed an ECOTRONS, closed loop, EFI with port injection. It has been trouble free in over 50 hours of running. I am now in the process of adding a Garrett 1241 turbo. I am wondering if anyone else has explored this combination and if so is there any advice I could get.

IMG_0815.jpg #ad

2. Boosted Four Winns

what did that motor come out of?
    pretty neat

3. Stualaska

The motor in the picture is only a hulk I am using to mock up the system. When I feel comfortable with the wiring and plumbing I will transfer everything to a 35hp GoDevil Surface Drive mudmotor. I have been unable to locate anyone that has installed the ECOTRONS EFI with a Garrett 1241 turbo on this block so I am having fun figuring things out. I hope to have that accomplished by the time we get open water up here in Alaska. That should be some time in May. I have many years experience running the carbureted version of this engine and 3 years experience with the ECOTRONS EFI. The addition of the turbo will make for an interesting comparison.

4. Stualaska

I put everything on a good block and cranked it up. It will need some tweaking, but that's fun when it isn't frustrating. check this

5. 95MustangGT331

AWESOME! I would love to see this in person.
    I built a mud motor for a plastic paddle boat a couple years back. Tried surface drive first then a long tail. It weighed too much for that little 8ft dingy lmao.

6. Stualaska

Mudmotors are heavy, but designed to push a boat in shallow water. They can't go shallow with out displacement. My minimum length is 16' and 18' is better. My personal boat is a 24' X 60" jon. with a 1000 lb load it drafts around 4" and goes 20mph with a 35 hp surface drive. I'm waiting for the water to get soft up here to try this motor on my big boat.

7. devo9er

It sounds amazing! Nice work. As cool as some of the big builds are, i really love the small engine stuff too. :thumbsup:

8. Boosted Four Winns

good work love to see new builds

9. boondaba

What did the turbo come from? I have been thinking of doing something similar to my Honda twin.

10. T-rex

Nice!!

I have a buddy that's building a turbo mud boat now!
    He's a badazz welder and designed a step hull he's fabricating ...... But he was thinking blow through carb- I'll show him this..... Fuel injected would be a lot better- go Microsquirt or something-

Thanks for sharing!
    Let's see an action 'on the water ' video!
    :)