1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Hello all, I dont know SH*T about turbos. But need help.

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Big C 374, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Big C 374

Ok, I was running stock block on Strim and messed up my block (sold the Strim). So I spent the extra money and purchased a Dart Iron Eagle block just because I wanted to be the last block in my fox body.
    My Question is what type (size) of turbo do I need for my set up. Was looking for a budget build after the cost of the stroker.
    Like a billet 76/75 BMF on3 single. But I was told that is too small for my engine (back pressure T4), keep in mind I only want to be around 700-800hp.

Also, what if I go twin will I still need a larger turbo? backpressure blabla

if I can I'm am looking for a turbo system around 3grand.

My build.
    Dart Iron Eagle
    374 stroker
    Oliver racing Rods
    Lunati Signature series crankshaft
    TFS R11 heads
    Anderson cam B41
    TKO 600
    built the rear carrier, 33 splines the norm.

thanks,

2. 91turboterror

3. 91turboterror

You'd be better off with a T6 turbo than a T4.

4. blown385

Call Jose at Forced Induction Turbo . Ask about his billet line of S400's .

Please dont put an On3 turbo on that engine . Also get with Liljohn about the cam .

Big C 374 likes this.
  5. Big C 374

I am not, found a guy here in Houston who school me a little. On3 is more for stock cars, china stuff. I am going twin turbo a custom build. thanks for your input.