1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

turbo 427 stroker

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by XtReMeLy Br0ke, Jan 23, 2006.

1. XtReMeLy Br0ke

I'm currently building a 427 stroker with low compression, and I was wondering which kind of turbo I should use to push it.

Car's strictly track, and I plan on making huge power with a built auto/transbrake, etc.

What kind of power levels can I be expecting to reach, and track times?

any pics/info on previous setups of similar components?

2. Daddy

It would help more if YOU determined what power level you are looking for, i.e. set a number to it. From that number it would be easier to pick a turbo.

As far as pics/info on previous setups check out the Dyno section and see if someone there is running something similar, that'll even give you an HP number to go off of.

3. jmccart

i agree first off you have to decide how much power you want, and then go from there

4. Andrew

I have a PT106 on my 432 (.020" over 427 with 4" stroke).

5. XtReMeLy Br0ke

I'm looking for 900-1000 at the wheels... possible?

6. wazslow

I have a PT 91 and that power is easy to achieve.

7. jmccart

yes around a 91mm would work well but if you want to have room to grow id go a bit bigger

8. wazslow

A PT 91 is rated at 1550, still well within his 900-1000rwhp goal. Same flange for large frame turbo's so upgrading is easy anyway....whichever largeframe turbo u choose, the power will be INSANE! Good luck :2thumbs:

9. XtReMeLy Br0ke

what kind of cam should i use for this application? where should i get it and which specs should i make sure i get

10. wazslow

I would talk to cammotion and tell them your combo, everyone seems to have good results from them. Definatly go solid roller for a track only car.

11. zona70

Smart-alecy answer - Somewhere between 400 and 2000+ HP. If you are class racing the proven combo's should be pretty well defined (not the secret tricks and tips of course but the big picture stuff). If you just want to go fast you might want to figure out what you can spend and then look at some of the class racers and figure out how much they are spending to get to a given performance level. A few others have said "decide how fast you want to go." I am saying "decide how fast you can AFFORD to go." Once you nail this down you can start start to figure out how to get there.

PS - Your choice of screen name "XtReMeLy Br0ke" helped me go there... If you had chosen "$$$No Limit Racing$$$" or something I might not have gone there. ;)