1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo 4.6 DOHC in Jet boat

Discussion in 'Turbocharged Boat and Watercraft Forum' started by diesel_lv, Apr 4, 2015.

1. diesel_lv

I installed a Ford 4.6 DOHC from a Lincoln Mark VIII in my jet boat 3 years ago. Last year i put a turbo in it. I had it built by a shop here in Las Vegas and run it through a air/water intercooler. I use stock lincoln exhaust manifolds which are stainless and merged them into a t-4 collector. I had it up to 8lbs of boost on a stock bottom end and ran 65mph on GPS in a heavy, read wet, 19' shallow V mini day at 4,800 rpm. I run a Legend pump with an AA impeller. I forgot to block a vacuum port on the carb and leaned it out. This melted the #7 spark plug which then filled with fuel and hydraulic'd the piston. It wondow'd the block. I had another one laying around and had it in the next day. I'm keeping it conservative until I get the forged rotating assembly in. Right now it is only showing 2lbs of boost at 4k and runs 42mph GPS Upriver in 7mph current. This engine and pump will be going into a TX-19, 500lb layup, and should be much more efficient.

1 IMG_20150212_151220059_HDR.jpg #ad

IMG_20150212_151220059_HDR.jpg #ad

2. M&M Turbochargers

looking forward to your progress :encouragement:

what did you run for a turbo??

3. Robb235

You have any more pictures of your setup?? I've got a 220hp Yamaha jetboat, didn't realize people were swapping V8s into these things.

4. diesel_lv

"These things" have had V-8's in them since the 60's. I don't have any other photos right now. I will post some other views soon.

5. Robb235

Lol ok. I don't know a whole lot about jet boats. I just know that my Yamaha has a pair of 3 cylinder 2-stroke motors.

[​IMG]#ad

6. 99TTGT

sweet , I seen some bad ass ones out there.!

7. rick90lx

Ive got a jet I'm working on that Im putting a twin turbo 351 in. Its olds powered now. Im looking for twin T4 headers now.