1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo 4.3?

Discussion in 'Turbocharged Boat and Watercraft Forum' started by hhotek, Aug 1, 2008.

1. hhotek

we have a 4.3 that we are currently rebuilding (water froze in block over winter) we are going back semi stock with everything but i have entertained the thought of boosting it but my partners (3 of us own the boat jointly) say that it will not help the top end at all it will simply get you out of the hole a little quicker. is that 100% true? i was thinking you could put a more top end prop on and pick up your top end that way and the added power will get us out of the hole at about the same speed as before.

2. twin74s

if anything i would think it would do exactly the opposite....Less take off more top end...But with the right prop setup maybe get better in both areas?

3. Likwidsukr

I would agree with 74s but you will have to do some testing. You dont want to cavitate.