1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo 318 mopar GT45/7875

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 65TURBO, Mar 12, 2024.

1. 65TURBO

Hi All,

I had every intention of using an Ebay GT45 turbo but came across the ebay 7875 turbos. The GT45 have 1.05 AR and the 7875 have .96 AR. I am really concerned about lag. I am going to do blow through carb on E85. Do not plan running this over 10 pounds. Anyone have experience between the two for a recommendation?
    This 318 has a Comp Cams extreme energy 268 cam and about a 2400 stall converter.

2. sam51

I have a 78/75 on my 5.9 magnum, its worked well, mine recently died and I'm replacing with another 78/75 since my setup seemed to like that turbo. I haven't used a gt 45 as of yet so I can't compare the 2.

3. Russell

I am no expert I went with the eBay 7875 because it weighs less! Lol. So far I am pleased. I have it on a stock 5.0 5 speed. If you just roll onto it from low RMPs you can feel the boost come on. At the track off the 5200 two steps I have been leaving at 3.5 psi and goes to 15+ in less than a second.

Your talking the difference between a $150 turbo and a $300 (or more depending on which one). If this is your first build just pick one, and get started. Changing a coupler or down pipe later is not that big of a deal if (when) you want to change it up.

4. 65TURBO

What brand 7875 did you have? How long did you use it?

5. 65TURBO

Just watched your videos on Youtube. The unboxing and the 12.34 pass. Were you using that turbo on that pass?

6. Russell

Yes. It went 11.43 with more boost and E. It really likes the E over 93!

It made 17 PSI last fall when I was having boost creep / Waste gate issues. Now I think I have a miss fire, hopefully replacing the 10+ year old spark wires will fix it. I would like to get it to a bracket race this summer and maybe turn it up this fall go for that 10.99.

7. sam51

I have the on 3 performance one, next time I'll probably go with the VS Racing one, On 3 is kinda like a bad word here due to some members having issues with them.

65TURBO likes this.
  8. tbird

well, depending the specific turbo you get, they may be the same manufacturer.
    Ive seen on3 and vs turbos that look identical.

65TURBO likes this.
  9. sam51

This is true, I've seen a few VS Racing ones that look exactly like the On 3 one I have, I've been told the customer service is better at VS Racing though.