1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo 2.2l sonoma questions

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Thatoneguy, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Thatoneguy

Hello all, im pretty new to this forum but i recently bought a turbo kit for my little 4 banger and have a couple questions.
    It came shipped with a tuned ecu and im curious if i could run that ecu on the non turbo version and still gain some ponies for a little while? The ecu is tuned with 42lb injectors but right now mine has the stock 19 or 22lb injectors, not sure which. I have not swapped the fuel pump yet either. I cant find an answer for this online.

2. Mnlx

You could run it with the 42 lb injectors, but any hp gain would most likely be minimal.

3. Thatoneguy

I put the injectors and tune in the truck but i still have 3 days to wait for the fuel pump. So far its fixed the idle perfectly, made all of the deacceleration tones butter smooth, and seems like it has some more torque, but since i still have a stock fuel pump in it i can only go up to 4k rpm max. i run out of fuel and even in neutral the motor didnt rev past 4500, trust me i didnt try it more than once after that.

4. Thatoneguy

I put the injectors and tune in the truck but i still have 3 days to wait for the fuel pump. So far its fixed the idle perfectly, made all of the deacceleration tones butter smooth, and seems like it has some more torque, but since i still have a stock fuel pump in it i can only go up to 4k rpm max. i run out of fuel and even in neutral the motor didnt rev past 4500, trust me i didnt try it more than once after that.