1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Hubcentric wheel spacers?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by yoteehunter, May 10, 2010.

1. yoteehunter

Are hubcentric wheel spacers safe? I have had allot of people tell me that wheel spacers are dangerous? Is the BS or is it true? I would like my wheels to sit out a bit more in the back. I just dont want a wheel to come flying off if 500-600hp hits it.
    Opinions?

2. 10secgoal

Never had a problem with them. But never used them in an app like your talking with that hp level. Have used the smaller style though1/4, 3/8 spacers and what not, no problems.

3. sean

Are these slip-on or bolt-on? Have ran 1.25" bolt-on spacers on the rear of a mild TT302 (400-450hp)for several years without issue

4. yoteehunter

They are bolt on. I was wondering If I could have them welded to the wheel and drill out the wheels holes to bottom in the new wheel spacer wich would become the new wheel hub if it was welded. I am trying to find the stongest safest route.

5. rare bird

I wouldn't chance any wheel spacer over 3/8" thick. maybe on a daily driver but if you are going to leave hard at the track or use a trans brake you are asking for trouble!

6. 10secgoal

That will be new rims. :fear:

:booty:

7. yoteehunter

8. 10secgoal

Show me a pic and the offset you want, see what I can find for ya.

9. 10secgoal

Do you have to space it out for clearance, or are you trying to get the right look ?
    thinking widening the rim on the outside could work also. :hmm:

10. yoteehunter

Since they dont make the older style mach 1 deep dish wheels my plan was to space out the stock wheel and then widen it 2" towards the inside to give me a 10" wheel and room for wider tires. My wheels are 17X8's

Here is the wheels that they dont make anymore that I really want. These would be a direct bolt on and be perfect 17X10.5:
    [​IMG]#ad

11. yoteehunter

Who would be able to widen them to the outside? That would be great but weldcraft told me only to the inside.