1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

flexible brake lines through out...

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by turbofreek, Apr 29, 2010.

1. turbofreek

anyone run it like that before?

i ask as the hemi to be mounted in my car and to be able to remove the valve cover they say to put in flexible line to the master cylinder. wonder what it might do if i run braided lines for my front brakes only. would it be dangerous?

2. livefast1

As long as you use line rated for the pressure i dont see why not 1. Figure at 4 corners of most cars flexible hose is used anyway 2. Many high pressure hydraulic systems use flexible line.

3. Hemann

I have heard of IMCA stock car guys using plastic lines for the brakes.

4. rare bird

I think the only reason you don't see more of it is the cost assotiated with it compared to steel line.

5. Brandon@DMI

You should run as little flexible line as possible. Flexable line will swell under pressure giving you a sponge pedel. Even thought they are capable of holding the pressure and functioning properly it's what you feel that is important.

6. 10secgoal

Agreed, but I think they mean a teflon based flexible line. Not the normal rubber junk

7. vern

It's not bulging u should be concerned with its movement . Think what a garden hose does when u turn it on it flexes and tries to straighten itself ,that id wasted energy and u will feel it at the pedal

8. turbofreek

my big thing is that i have to make the master cylinder movable for valve adjustments, so flex line is a must in that area. ill be running solid lines otherwise except for the accually flexible spots need for wheel and suspension travel. i jut wanted to really know how much is to much before noticing a pedal/safety issue?

you guys make good suggestions to keep an eye on thats for sure. :2thumbs:

9. fattirehotrods

I run flex lines from master to proportion valve, about 8-9" and flex line at each wheel. Don't have pedal issues.

10. Drlee50

a short run will be fine- run it!

11. Drlee50

a short run will be fine- run it!

12. rebel stang

I run a modlite dirt car and I use 3.16 plastic line. you can order a brake line kit from speedway motors for like 30.00 and they have all your braded lines to

chris

13. vern

Some oem cars have braided line at the master I think ventures u should be fine

14. Brandon@DMI

Teflon braided is what I was referring to. It will swell under pressure. not as much as the rubber sections that the oems use, but if you where to do the entire system in teflon braided you would notice the pedel feel.