1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Tuning my Dodge ram turbo

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by Tugvr4, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Tugvr4

I built a single turbo kit for my 2005 ram 1500. 4.7L I am using a Begi fmu that I have sorted out and have a decent tune when wot(open loop) 30lb injectors. Return style fuel system, walbro 255 pump in tank. without getting in to a custom tune I've been looking for ways to enrich fuel when in part throttle boost(closed loop) from all my research on the net the Dodge pcm seems to be almost impossible to tune. I came across the unit from split second. Has anyone used one of these before with good results? Thanks.

2. TTF/Ken Staff Member

I've removed that link because that resister mod is a widespread scam. California's attorney general has gone after them more than once, fined them, etc but that scam artist selling 50 cents worth of resisters for outrageous amounts of money making false claims keeps coming back under new names.

I recommend you check out HP Tuners, they sell tuning hardware and software for 2004 - 2015 Dodge 4.7L trucks.

3. Tugvr4

OK. Thanks. I didn't think split second would sell junk as we've used there tuners before with good results. Reading more into that particular box it said it created sweeping 02 signals not just a resister...?

4. Monzsta

I'll vouch for Split Second. I worked with them a lot during the Viper/Roe racing periods. They build a lot of devices that alter MAP, MAF, and o2 signals for vehicles with no other tuning options to use larger injectors, superchargers, turbo's, ect.ect. The devices, while a bit gimmicky in execution compared to a standalone EMS or full blown piggyback were well made and actually did what they were meant to. I've got one on my Jeep right now, an ARC-1 from Roe Racing. It allows me to alter my MAP sensor signals so I can change fueling under WOT.

5. 91DakBuilder

I'm aware you said you don't want to get into custom tuning, but I have to agree with going the HPtuners route, or go full on stand alone. There are lots of them coming to market now a days. I personally use Mega Squirt or FAST, but they are all certainly better than your factory setup from Dodge.