1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Tuning Holley 2300 7448 350 CFM 2bbl Carb noob.

Discussion in 'General Carb Tech' started by jarrodblake, Sep 6, 2016.

1. jarrodblake

I have a Holley 2300 7448 350 CFM 2bbl Carb that has been modified to blow through using the hangar18 mods it has a Percy adjust-a-jet, and center-hung float bowl. SS idle screws w/o-rings, 30cc Accelerator Pump, #31 Accelerator Pump Nozzle and orange Accelerator Pump Cam.

I'm tuning the carb using a aem wideband and my boost/ vacuum gauge, at idle my A/F ratio is set to 14.7 at 21in of vacuum. I'm thinking I need to change the Accelerator Pump Nozzle or Accelerator Pump Cam maybe both. When I barely touch the throttle the A/F ratio drops to 10 and stays there for a few seconds then goes back to 14.7. When I make a pass at wot it will drop down to 10 and stays there for a few seconds then goes to around 13.3 and goes back down to 10.7 at full boost 8 psi.

I was thinking about buying a #28 Accelerator Pump Nozzle, however I dont know if I should change the Accelerator Pump Cam instead or both, maybe just the came or should I just leave it alone?

2. M&M Turbochargers

3. jarrodblake

Thanks! It helped a little but I'm still having a little trouble understanding how to adjust the cam there is a 1 and a 2 on the linkage and there is a 1 and a 2 on the cam. Do I just move the screw the the other hole and line up the cam or to a rotate the came on the shaft do a different position? My orange cam was in hole one and from what I have read that it means I would get a bigger shot sooner and in hole two I would get the shot later is this correct? It looks like the #28 is still to big so I ordered a # 25 and a Accelerator Pump Cam Assortment Kit. I want to lean out the pump shot and as when I driving around town it stays a 10.0 rich and I want to fix that. Cruse is 11.8-12.5 would that be the jets? The PV is Boost referenced at +2 psi

4. BlownShovel

5. jarrodblake

Ok now I'm really lost, To put the cam in position 2 do I turn the cam and line hole #1 on the cam with hole #2 on the linkage or do I just line hole #2 on the cam with hole #2 on the linkage?

In this pic I move I lined up hole #2 on the cam with hole #2 on the linkage it moved it a little but no enough to notice any kind of difference in response or on the air fuel gauge.

[​IMG]#ad