1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

tuning and data logging

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by one eyed willy, Jun 24, 2009.

1. one eyed willy

im curious what the modualr guys are using for data logging and tuning.

anyone using the sniper tuning software?i currently have a xcal 3 but it sucks that anytime i need something done i have to go to a shop,id like something i could do myself.

2. 1lowtoy

Just get the Pro Racers package from SCT. SCT has way more in the software than Sniper. We are an SCT dealer and I won't use anything else on a 05-up car.

3. blown99

I've heard that the product support for the sniper is not good. I use a tweecer RT for mine. Don't believe they support the 05 and up though. SCT pro racer package would be a grood choice for you.

4. 97_Cobra

i use sct because a friend is a dealer and he can pretty muc tweak something anytime need be. from what ive heard the pro racer package is a pia, i called about it about a year ago and the sct personell themselves couldn't answer simple questions about their own product. the sniper software from what i can tell, who ive talked to, etc seems to be nicer imo over the pro racer package, thats jmo.

5. Excessive Motorsports

I know the guys at Sniper and I have a couple friends running their software. It is very easy to use and all of them have had good results. They tune many cars around here with it and havent seen a bad result yet.

6. Mikes001GT

I dont know much about sniper, I have Sct's Pro racer Package, It can be quite intimidating and takes time to learn, personally I dont do my own tuning dont trust my self, I just take the setup to my tuner but the program gives you total control of your cars computer you can tune, tweak, turn on and off just about everything possible. If you have the time and knowledge to learn the program and all the parameters youd be in good shape.. I dont know how the x3 works but with the x2 you can download livelink from sct's web and run a laptop in your car to datalog a ton of dif stuff...

7. 1lowtoy

You will not get the most out of your car without the ability fully calibrate the ecm. I don't mean power number here. All you need for power is air, fuel and spark. The driveablity is what takes the most time in tuning one of these Power PC cars (05-up). SCT has more in the software for the EECV ecms then Sniper, the amount of control in the Spanish Oak computers is no comparison. While I'm not downing the Sniper software, as I think it has its place in the market, I don't think it needs to be used in a high hp 05-up car. Self tuning can be a really big job for someone that does have the experience tuning. If you really have the drive to learn, then the Pro racers package will be a good buy. If not, then I think you need to find a tuner that you trust and just stay with that.

8. darkhrse99

I use SCT for datalogging and tuning.

9. Shane97Cobra

Another SCT Pro Racers Package user here. Use the SCT Livelink to datalog too.

10. one eyed willy

so if i used the SCT xcal 3, i would need a analog feed from the wideband and a electric boost gauge ,correct? anything else,i think the xcal 3 only has 2 analog inputs. then just hook that to my lap top and start logging pretty much?

11. Mikes001GT

does the x3 come with some sort of data logging software? I know nothing about it, With the x2 you download livelink from sct's web. I would assume to log boost and afr, you would need to run an analog from a afr guage to the x3 and probably need a map sensor with an analog output as well, im not sure if the electric boost guages have an analog wire for logging..

12. one eyed willy

i know with the x3 you download some software to a laptop and plug the laptop into the tuner while driving and you get a full view of everything...i didnt even think of the map sensor.