1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Who's tuned big injectors using a Versafueler and SCT?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Beatngu, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Beatngu

put a set of 160's in my mach1 as I was going to E85 soon. I filled in the injector slopes for the 160's but initial fire up it poured enough fuel to come out the DP's.

Has anyone else tuned the low imp injectors w/ SCT ? What else needs to be done to the tune ?

2. Beatngu

Anyone? How do I scale the fuel down , this mo fo is running thick . I've already cut the scales in half and it's barelydoing anything. What are others experiences?

3. the anti-rice

4. TurboLou

Is the #8 injector still stuck open or did you get that straightened out?

5. Beatngu

Sent it back to Versafueler to get fixed. That was the initial problem , but it's still super rich

6. b20mr2

im not sure with the svt but my ls1 with 160s and a tune we were unable to get them to perform down low in the idle very well ,, if we got it stoich it wouldnt start even with the versafueler.. i think the technology is out dated on 160s,,we got it to idle around 11.7afr on e-85 which i guess is pretty rich,,and my cam is pretty small (18inches of vacuum) ,, my tuner recommended i.d.2000 s he said you can find deals on them but are still pricey

7. Beatngu

just an update for anyone who was curious

Car runs like a top,
    Slopes we used were Bosch's which are not so hot
    runs just like the high Z 60's,72's and 80's I had previously .

Only minor issue is a slight miss at about 200 MAF counts when you just crack the throttle to maintain speed.

Car made 750 hp at 7500 rpms w/ 13-14 psi at only 16* of timing on a Mustang dyno.

Big thanks to RTR Automotive in Palmyra NY for the help

Big boost next Spring after the big pump

8. dave281sc

What slopes did you end up using?

9. Beatngu

Bosch slopes which suck

10. boosted393

What are the slopes you using now that runs great?

11. Beatngu

Had to use Bosch slopes