1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Fastener questions

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by darth289, Oct 3, 2008.

1. darth289

So I was talking to a guy yesterday about the mod motor I'm building, and he said that factory Ford head and main bolts are better than ARP on these engines. His reasoning was because the mod motors need to "flex" and "move" more under boost than a pushrod motor, and ARP fasteners don't allow that. Anyone have experiance with this?

Thanks in advance.

2. turbomike76

well i kmow that when i hade stock headbolts, under boost i blew my headgaskets. but as soon as i put arp's i never hade another problem

3. darth289

That's what makes perfect sense to me, and couldn't really believe it when this guy said it. BUT, I've always been a pushrod guy and thought maybe something was different about the mods. I really don't know.

4. 97gtconv.

who ever told you that stock equipment is better than ARP is person to stay away from your engine building process.

5. darth289

I'll build my own motor, just wondering if anyone else has heard this.

Thanks

6. turbomike76

arp all the way. whoever told you this is not playing with a full deck...... :2thumbs:

7. 281tt

youll build your own motor and your asking if stock head bolts are better then arp? am i missing something??

8. gryphon68

"flexing and moving" equals blown head gaskets . . .

9. 99TTGT

:lau: :ras: :lh:
    I was wondering the same.
    ARP here no issues.

10. T76 Mach

ARP's here and never looked back :2thumbs:

11. darth289

ARP's it is. For those of you who had replies worth a shit, thanks.

12. gt turbo kid

arps x2