1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

MSD #2345 Cam Sync

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by TT68Chevelle, Nov 30, 2013.

1. TT68Chevelle

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has set up and runs the MSD #2345 Cam Sync on the Holley HP MPFI system. I am currently about to wrap up the conversion and to the point to where I need to sync everything. My ECU will be controlling timing and I will be running sequential fuel injection. The car will run NA for about another month while I finish cross over piping and mount intercooler and complete boost control wiring and plumbing. If anyone has any tips that might help with making the sync process and phasing of the rotor a little easier I would greatly appreciate any input.

Thanks

2. TurboNova

Don't make it harder than it is. Find the cam sync pulse, turn the rotor to the post on the cap before that... make that #1. Make your reference angle 50. Start the car, check the timing.

The cam pulse has to come in about 10 degrees before the crank reference. So make sure it does.

Phase the rotor to the lowest timing under hi load you are going to have. Make sure it is the leading edge of the tip of the rotor.

3. TT68Chevelle

TurboNova,

So the cam pulse would be TDC on #1 Compression stroke. So do I lock dist. down then counter index to the previous terminal in firing order then phase the rotor to center of #1 terminal? I guess that would give me the timing I need to signal efi for the timing event. Correct me if I am wrong this EFI stuff is new so I don't want to mess it up.

Thanks again for walking me through it.

4. TurboNova

Cam sync should happen between 60-130 before tdc. The #1 post on the cap will be the one where the rotor lands around 30 degrees before tdc. Line up the cam sync first. Tighten down the distributor. Roll engine to 30 and see what post it is before and that will be #1 terminal. Adjust the rotor as needed to get the tip to align at max load, max boost ect timing.

5. TT68Chevelle

TurboNova,

I get it now thanks for the help. I will get it setup now for NA and change everything up when my new turbo shows up. Thanks again for the help I greatly appreciate it.