1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Tuner studio

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Mike1965, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Mike1965

I'm new to this efi and my question is when you buy tuner studio is it yours for aslong as you need and will you get new updates with it as they come out or does it expire after a period of time or am i way out in left field and there isn't even a ball game tonite lol.

Mike

2. bgjohnson

Mine updates whenever I open it, I don't think it has an expiration.

Buy the whole thing along with megalogger. They fucking rock.

3. fastspec2

the way it was explained to me is you get 2 copies. so you can run it on 2 machines. after that you need to re-up.

4. 73 nova

Ive had a few tuning computers and used the same key on all of them. After 3 he likes for a second copy to be purchased.

5. Mike1965

Thanks guy's now for another question i ordered the MS1 2.2 will the Shadow Dash work with that setup

6. Matt Cramer

I believe it'll work with anything TunerStudio works with. But to use a Bluetooth dongle on a V2.2 board, you'll have to modify the DB9 to remove the ground on pin 9 and wire it to the VREF voltage instead.

7. bgjohnson

I don't mean to be an ass, but why would you buy a 2.2 board?

8. Disney Lincoln

The name is longer than V3.

9. Mike1965

10. bgjohnson

So, just expense? Or somebody told you to?

2.2 is just stuck, you can't do much but basic stuff. The 3.0 board let's you expand, run better versions, ect..

11. Mike1965

Well if it works for Denmah thats good enough for me lol i am new to the efi and if i like it i can always upgrade to better so the chaeper the better for now haha

When i upgrade i can us this set up on my 40 for pu

12. taank

How cost effective is it to go efi vs a blow through? You are using the tpi setup right?

13. 65ShelbyClone

That's not true at all. The v2.2 is lacking some convenience features that v3.0 has like the onboard VR circuit and a spare slot for an idle valve or coil driver, but those aren't deal breakers IMO. If you want to run PWM idle and coil control, you have to do mods anyway. If you have a Hall or optical crank sensor, then the v3.0 VR circuit is of no advantage. Coils with integral ignitors negate the need for an IGBT with either board. The v2.2 can do a helluva lot of things; the hardware just doesn't get set up the same way.

14. bgjohnson

I just like expandability of the 3.0 board. Ms3x expansion is pretty badass.