1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Tune share for ms2 extra

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Dsmless, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Dsmless

Can anyone share a startup tune with me for a 1990-1993 ford 5.0. All stock tfi ignition and 42 lb injectors on a stock 94 mustang HO motor. Want to compare the if ignition setup with mines as A baseline. This is for my 70 mustang running a hx40, nothing fancy just would like to start it up. Thanks in advance.

2. 5.0thunder

Do you need a tune or just want to compare settings and tables?

3. Dsmless

Just would like to compare settings and tables please

4. Dsmless

This what I need help with. What setting do you have on this table? image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

5. Dsmless

Got the engine running today, runs pretty good just idle tho. When in gear it backfires and sputters so if anyone can please look over my logs and advise, any help is good

6. Dsmless

can someone help in uploading a tune into this site??

7. 65ShelbyClone

You can't; you will have to use a file hosting service and post the link here. There are many free ones like Drop Box, MediaFire, etc.

Fort future reference, DIYAutoTune has a 5.0 base tune that can be downloaded form their site.

Are you using a wideband O2 setup?

8. TTF/Ken Staff Member

You can. The site handles a variety of attachment types such as MSQ, and for those not directly supported, you can upload it in ZIP file.

9. 65ShelbyClone

That's what I said; no need to use an outside file host. :biggrin-new:

I didn't see .mls (TunerStudio log file) in the list and didn't think of getting around that with a .zip archive. derp.

It looks like Dsmless has a Mac, so select the files you want to add to the .zip, right-click on them, select "compress items," and it will create a .zip file in that directory.

Instead of taking a photograph of the monitor, you can also capture parts of your screen directly by holding Command-Shift-4 and dragging the crosshairs over what you want to capture.

10. Dsmless

heres a quick data log for just going around the block, had my friend drive

Attached Files:

11. Dsmless

On that last tune, It was the DIYautotune sample. Base distributor timing set to match the timing wizard setting (17.5*). Thats all, it sputters some while accelerating from a stop. Please advise, anyone

12. Dsmless

heres my current tune

Attached Files:

13. 65ShelbyClone

At the very least, I think you're having some noise issues. The spikes on the battery voltage, CLT, and small ones on the MAP signals and the erratic TPS make me wonder. It looks like you're getting a lot of errant accel enrichment because of it. I'm also wondering why the manifold pressure is often rather high (80+kPa) at very low (<10%) TPS readings.

Did you use WOT at any time during the log or was the 53% max throttle realistic? Which part of the datalog represents the takeoff misfire you're talking about?

14. Dsmless

The only time it will start to sputter is when accelarating from a stop, it "backfires" pretty badly so you have to kinda feather the throttle to get it going. The spikes are when coming off idle(1000/1100rpm) and higher. Im really thinking it has to do with my timing, but no expert here.

15. Dsmless

Well, just read and reread the ignition settings on megasquirt, according to the instructions I did it all wrong. I never put the MS into fixed timing when I set base timing and them matched it to the timing wizard. So just from that my timing was all over the place

16. Dsmless

reset everything and went for a spin around the block, much smoother but still backfiring heres a log, please help

Attached Files:

17. MustangMike

Your timing is matching now, normally you set it at base 10deg and match MS.
    Your TPS needs calibration it's reading negative. I assume the other sensors are accurate like clt and mat.
    I am assuming it is way too rich and the popping is fuel burning in the exhaust. Pull the plugs , probably black. Clean them and start it up and see if they go black again.
    I say this because the log is showing 11ms PW and 27% duty cycle at only 1500rpm.
    Check the general settings and make sure your cubic in, injector size etc is all correct.
    You REALLY need a wide band O2 to tune a stand alone properly.

18. Dsmless

Thanks for the advise. I have a innovative wideband