1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Trying to tune new wastegate

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Powersteoken, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Powersteoken

I had to up the size of my wastegate because I couldn’t control boost. I had a 45mm and I went to a 66mm. I have megasquirt running the car. So all I did was switch wastegate gates. Ran all vacuum lines the exact same way to the new gate. It has a 9 lb spring in it right now and the highest boost I saw on my data log was 9.6 lbs. I will include a pic of my duty table. I can’t seem to make more boost then spring pressure. Could it just be chance my controller stopped working? I’m at a loss here. The first pic is the table I started with the next is what I’m at with what seems like no change

CBC033EF-EA78-4546-AA88-D16752765535.jpeg #ad

93A43269-1AA0-45CA-8491-3CC69C196639.jpeg #ad

201F3C7F-E05F-480F-9C2D-F1F81D4C3987.jpeg #ad

2. 65ShelbyClone

What wastegate is it, how is it plumbed, and what solenoid are you using?

Test it and see? :dontknow:

3. Powersteoken

Yeah I have 12v to the controller, I ran the test in tuner studio and nothing happens. I guess I burnt my out put for boost

4. TT BRENDAN

I believe 12v to battery and negative to controller.