1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Delloroto drla blow through mods?

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by Bugula, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Bugula

Anyone have any experience? I've been collecting parts for a blow through air cooled VW. And just scored a single 40mm dell with intake and linkage. I want to put it on my Bug n/a so I know it all works.
    As far as carb mods go:
    Mod rings, float height/tab, turbo emulsion tubes, larger inlet valve. These are some of the things I found on the net.
    Thanks John

2. Bugula

No VW or dellorto fans? There's lots of info on the VW forums. Just thought maybe this carb was used elsewhere. I will start a build thread once I get started.

3. Wickedrotary

4. Bugula

Thanks. CB Performance sells a cast one that is half the price. I just may weld one up with the lids and bases I have.

5. Bugula

It’s almost done, been awhile. Life happened and bought a house.
    I’m running the vacuum lines.
    BOV off the intake bellow the carb
    Boost gauge off the same location.
    Fuel regulator off the carb hat.
    Sound correct? Thanks

6. Mnlx

Yes

7. Bugula

Cool, thanks.
    I’ll post pics somewhere. Maybe the intro forum.

8. dragvw2180

I will look around and see if I still have my sons Dell blow through carb . it worked but after I let him drive my car he went with draw through like my car.

9. Bugula

Cool, thanks.