1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Trying to lean out cruise while keeping full throttle and transition the same

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by racin69z, Oct 8, 2022.

1. racin69z

I have a 408 LS in a 5300# lifted redneck truck. I did a home built 830 annular with the hangar 18 mods vent tube extensions and the Brent Davis crutch using turbine pressure to open the PV back in 2012. It gets the job done, low 11s under boost (only 8# right now). I only drive it around 500 miles a year but the the part throttle driveability isn't great. To maintain 55 mph on flat ground it takes around 1/8 throttle. AFR at that point is 12.5-12.9. Get on it a bit more 1/4 throttle to accelerate and it will get up to around 13.8-14.1ish.

I was gonna pull jet and increase PVCR but that will make the 1/4 throttle pretty lean. I was considering increasing idle air bleed a little, but im not sure that will do it. Is the idle air bleed in play at 1/8 throttle? I know the transition slot is uncovered, but im not sure if any fuel is coming out of the idle circuit at that point.
    Any thoughts or other ideas?

Thanks for any ideas

2. tbird

what rpm at 55mph?

Idle air bleed has effect on the idle and transition circuit.

3. racin69z

It turns around 2500 rpm at 55mph.

4. tbird

what is your ifr and iab currently?
    Gasoline?

5. Mnlx

What's your idle afr? Have you tried leaning the idle?

6. racin69z

It is a gasoline application. I have not messed with the ifr, but i can't remember if i messed with air bleeds or not.