1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Will it fit under the hood? Fox body

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by River City Speed, Jan 3, 2010.

1. River City Speed

My set-up is a 8.2 deck motor with a Super Victor intake and a Pro EV hat. The hood is @3" taller than stock. You guys think it'll fit? Haven't I seen dropped motor mounts? Or maybe a motor plate...

2. FourEyed

I am running a super victor 8.2, csu carb, and csu hat. I also have HPM 3/4" drop mounts. The only way it would fit under my 4" hood is by clocking the hat to 4:00, and it just barely clears. I have about 1/8" at the most. A motor plate will only give you so much, as I have about 1/4" clearance from my steering rack to my oil pan with the 3/4" drop. I think it might be cheaper to just get a taller hood, or just cut a hole in it.

3. River City Speed

No hole in the hood for me. That really sucks. I didn't want the 3" that's on it. I wanted a lower one or stock. I got the 3" in hopes it would clear.