1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Blow through inline fuel pump

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by PRNDL, Dec 23, 2020.

1. PRNDL

The more I read, the more confused I get regarding a fuel pump for my set up. They either won’t support the power or support 2000 hp and cost $900.00.

I have a fully built and balanced 383 stroker with good heads, AFR 195, and mild cam 230/236 110 lsa. I will be running a blow through with only 5 psi maybe 8 max. I will be running a full bypass boost referenced regulator.

I’m trying to set up the fuel system now. Wiring, relay, lines, and so on...

for those of you running an inline unit, please advise what you are running. N/A this engine makes roughly 465 hp / 465 tq. Plus the boost, I figured a pump that can support 650-700 hp would be safe, but some mention adding a 30% cushion.

I have it narrowed down to the Bosch 044 but I think thats and EFI pump.

The A1000, but it seems like over kill.

And the aeromotive SS 11203, but it may be on the edge of being maxed out.

I looked at some Holley pumps, but they only mention NA power ratings and have bad reliability reviews.

Any advice?

2. Old 86

Go with the A1000 , you will at some point decide to exceed 8 psi. Don’t skimp on a pump , to small and you lean it out and damage parts. Better to ob the large side. And don’t use any of the Holley color pumps!

3. PRNDL

solid advice! Will do.
    What are your thoughts on bypass return P/N 13204: A1000 Carbureted return style Regulator

4. Old 86

Same unit I used on my build, works well.

5. PRNDL

thank you sir

6. Old 86

You are welcome

7. PRNDL

oh, last thing. What size fuel line you using? Can I get away with 3/8?

8. PRNDL

I settled on the Aeromotive A750 and 8 an line.

Sarahshinault84 likes this.
  9. Sarahshinault84

did that pump and regulator work for you .