1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Thanks to the masta, Brent, for the help!

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by turbostang, Jul 27, 2009.

1. turbostang

After a lengthy conversation with Brent the other night, I finally got my street car running. I did the self-mod on a QFT650 - without BRPV's. Very basic mods. It drives pretty good, it's just rich at cruise, as can be expected - somewhere in the 12.4:1 range. At WOT it's pretty close to where I want it @ 11.6:1 or so. I have to make a small order to get some good needle and seats, some HSAB plugs, and some 4 window pv's to do what I need to do. I think with a few more tweeks this thing will be rockin. I plan on hitting the dyno next weekend.

This is some sort of new record, I am sure of it. I put the car in the garage on 07/08 for the turbo kit. It already had the A1000, 13202, and the -10 lines, along with the MSD6530 already installed. On 7/22 it fired up for the first time..and on today it went for it's maiden voyage around town.

combo: 302, HCI, powerglide, coupe, 3.73's, MPT70. it can be seen here - https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=129656.0

Thanks Brent!

2. Brent Davis

LMAO at you Brooks...........talk about being the man? Have you shown anyone the latest turbo kits you fab lately?

No problem ever helping anyone that ask. I need help too with my MSD boost controller soon ;), so we even :cheers:.

3. SprayedSDime

Wow, that's cookin it.. I thought you meant July 2008 at first. Hell mine's been on jackstands since October 2005. Brent sure knows his stuff though.

4. turbostang

5. BlownShovel

Brent is the Master :2thumbs:

julius-carry-aka-shonuff.jpg #ad

6. Proaction14

Thats why I sent Brent my carb to work some majic!!! Carb is 3 years old and needs some updates.

7. Stroked-Z

If it wasnt for Brent giving me some friendly advice 3 years ago.....im sure i would have had to open up my own parcel delivery business with the amount of times it was shipped back & forth from CSWho.

A couple of PM's & 5 mins on the phone really makes a difference sometimes.

BTW, im the Canadian Distributor for Davis & Co. Carburators...im the Co. part lol.

-Carm

8. BlownShovel

Can't believe no one chimed in with the Masta comment pic I posted. Guess folks are too young lol

9. 1966GT350

"You are the Last Dragon
    You posess the power of the Glow"
    :bow: :bow: :bow:

10. SprayedSDime

Even some of us younger folks know about Bruce Leeroy and the baddest shogun in Harlem... :cheers:

11. BlownShovel

:2thumbs:

12. slowfox

Or Bruce Leeroy was the baby's name in My Baby's Daddy movie. That was funny right there

13. BlownShovel

:D Good ones always keep coming back