1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Switching back to another MUSTANG!!!! Pics added!!

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by sickcivic, May 14, 2009.

1. sickcivic

Another Blow-thru Mustang in the works here! :D Yea yea I know! I picked up an 89 coupe for $100 :eek: I set a goal of 30 days to transform a stock 4cyl to a blow-thru beast! Two weeks in we're looking good! Chassis is done(backhalved on 33x10.5w's, 25.5 cage)! Motor was just dropped in! I'm still hopin' to make it in 30 days! This week is trans, turbo plumbing, radiator, wiring, sheet metal(tubs,floor trans tunnel,etc!)
    Wish me luck! Pics won't be posted until day 30 so I don't curse my plan :bah:

Before and After!

2. Turbod_86_stang

Re: Switching back to another MUSTANG!!!!

What was the body like on the $100 mustang?

3. sickcivic

Front bumper messed up, slight frame damage on rt front rail (2hr) rt frt fender slightly bent! Few dings here and there other than that! Also covered in grime from sitting on a lot near a tree for a year! It ran if anybody needs a 2.3 and auto trans!!

4. Brent Davis

congrats. Will this have the SBC in it?

Oh, and how can you now "Dare 2 be different" ???? LOL :chacha:

5. sickcivic

Yes the sbc is in it! :D Funny you ask that? I'm building this on a "Dare"! A couple guys at the track were talking about mustangs and I said, "anybody can throw one together" so they told me if it's so easy then do it!! So here we go! :stupid:
    If it don't go 7's, I'm drivin' down to see you and we'll do one of those "DIFFERENT" carbs! :D :D :2thumbs:

6. Brent Davis

LOL, well I'm right here in Waldorf, MD. and can help you if needed. Do you ever go to MIR?

7. sickcivic

Yep, it's about 2hr 15min for me to get to "The Creek"! Only 20-25min from Cecil!

8. quicksilver

Good luck with the car and for the Diffrent carb ....Hey the CRUTCH works just fine!!! :D :D

9. Paradise Racing

Lamar you are one crazy mofo!!! :D :D :D

Best of luck on this project!!!

Hey you might have to sell me the civic!!! LOL!!!

10. sickcivic

Hey man!! Clear out some mail boxes so we can get in touch with you! ;) Isn't one "trouble maker" enough in "Paradise" :eek:!! P.S. you knew it was about time for me to change up! :D

11. sickcivic

Edit: added pics to original post! :bang:

12. Brent Davis

Looking good bra man. :2thumbs: I assume that you will be low 8's and possibly 7's once all is dialed in.

13. mustang-junky

Looks sweet. :2thumbs:

I should have done a coupe.

Jess

14. sickcivic

Thanks guys, I'm aiming for 7's!!! We'll see :eek:

15. Wanderer

I guess you proving your point that anyone can build a Mustang :)
    (apparently I fall outside of that category >_<)

16. sickcivic

Mine ain't bad for a back yard project! I'm sure you ca build one if you try! :D

17. SpeedAddict

It is looking great for a month project in the backyard! Keep it up! How soon until you take it down the track? :2thumbs: :chacha: :2thumbs:

SpeedAddict

18. turbofreek

i wish i had your kinda free time right now. i cnat even get floors in mine over the last 2 months. :doh:

19. sickcivic

I plan to be out within two weeks! I have to get another drive shaft made (shop messed up one end) and a couple little things and we're good!

20. Greg W.

Anybody got any extra popcorn? The suspense is killing me. Keep up the good work.. GW