1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

How to fix a leaky Wastegate?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by nxcoupe, May 25, 2023.

1. nxcoupe

My wastegate valve is leaking pretty badly and I'm looking for suggestions on how to repair it and stop this leak and laggy boost response. Thanks in advance.

2. tbird

Take the spring out and see if the valve moves freely full range. Look over the diaphragm.
    If it moves through full range , put a light spring in it and make sure it moves full range. Could even put shop air to it and make sure its returning to seated height. Might check that with the fire ring installed it should compress the spring a bit.
    A valve leak that can be lapped to fix it , isnt much of a leak. Its bigger than that.
    I would think the valve just isnt seated if you cant build boost.

3. nxcoupe

I can build boost but it is leakimg enough to affect it.