1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

trans coolers with fans

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by 93lxsprayed347, Jun 30, 2017.

1. 93lxsprayed347

how are you guys controling the fans just a relay and switch or off a temp switch.

2. PEARL MUSSIN

I just have mine on a toggle switch

3. Disney Lincoln

Temp switch inline.

4. tbird

temp switch on anything that has to do with cooling.
    I dont want to have to baby sit anything.
    However, I do put a switch on them so if im doing something else to the car I can shut them off. Otherwise always on.

5. Dsmless

Im running a two speed fan from a mark Vlll, have the low speed wired thru a 195* temp switch to a relay so it turns on/off automatically.
    The high speed I have wired from a relay to a toggle switch so its on/off when I want it.

-have never ran the high speed, even in heavy traffic the low speed kept the coolant at 185*degrees on the temp gauge. Maybe with the addition of AC an the summer heat I will wire it so that anytime the AC compressor is on so is the high speed