1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

trans cooler placement

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by jeremy mifflin, Jan 4, 2009.

1. jeremy mifflin

ok i have the big B&M cooler with the fan mounted on it...
    can this be mounted under the car ,or out back
    or do i want to put it out front of the rad.

2. junk94

Put it in the ice chest is the best place with out the fan. Otherwise I have seen them under the rear of the cars with a fan on them. Upfront if you have room would be the best, but with the fan you have allot more options.

3. jeremy mifflin

ice chest,,,do you think it will work when the ice chest is in the pits and i am on the line...... :ahah:
    come on i know you didnt forget this is a street car :cheers:...427 NON INTERCOOLED :2thumbs:

4. jeremy mifflin

i want it up front but going to be a pain to fab a mount,dont want to pull the nose :doh:

5. junk94

Forgot you were not IC'd. :doh:

Put it under the rear of the car, maybe make a little scoop to help direct air though it while driving. I think with the fan you should not have any problems.

6. jeremy mifflin

thinking about pulling the front off the car and take the front bumper out.... :2thumbs:
    make a brace and hang it from that

7. Tims86-9.80

I put my cooler under the trunk floor with a fan, when I had the blower. I liked the idea any leaks would be between the tires and behind the tires. It worked great. I don't think the fan ever turned on. After a pass it was warm to the touch but not hot, so It should be ok if the converter is correct. It is almost the same amount of line. Make sure you think about a set of bars so put it where the top bar will not hit the cooler.

8. jeremy mifflin

car wont get wheelie bars :ahah:
    point shoot and ride it out :doh:

9. Tims86-9.80

Ok, then for sure put it in the back. Less parts to fix when it comes down. Hope the headers are up nice and tight.

10. junk94

Street cars dont get up on the rear bumper.

11. Tims86-9.80

OK. **NOTE: This was still driven on the street when this picture was taken** **NOTE: A 427 with a F2 with no intercooler is no more or no less of a street car then what is pictured here**

index3.jpg #ad

12. 302andsome

Here is how I mounted mine.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

13. junk94

I was just busting his balls, most of the STL guys are street car this and that. If you put it under the rear, you dont have to worry about a convertor coming apart and cutting lines, or having a line break and putting fluid under the rear tires.

14. Tims86-9.80

I know I was just busting balls back.

15. jeremy mifflin

tim pm me your number :2thumbs:

16. Boosted351

Car looked twisted some Tim. Break the ARB on that launch?

17. junk94

Take it you were starting to drink early huh? His number is in his sig :doh: Damn street car guys :D

18. Tims86-9.80

Yes on that pass the bar gave up the ghost! Should of seen the next pass, it was ugly. Cut the tire, and everything

313-530-1827 or as it was pointed out the number in my sig. :moa:

19. jeremy mifflin

i will call you thur...

20. Geddy2112

i mounted my infront of the radiator.

[​IMG]#ad