1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Auto or Stick?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by DveeusRod, Jun 21, 2005.

1. DveeusRod

i have a twin 67 mm setup on my 01 Saleen. I am trying to decide on a auto or stick? I want to stay streetable. Can someone tell me how much difference it would make for the strip?

2. WaterPog

how much HP? 1000+?

I'm not aware of any manual trans that will realistically hold up under BIG HP and still be streetable. With the auto on the other hand you can definately geet-er-done.

3. DveeusRod

yeah, about 900 something. I was thinking about a G force 6 speed transmission.

4. spankustang

Even if you can "hit the gears" with a manual, you're car will run significantly faster with an automatic!!

5. 94scstang

I'm at 700RWHP with a TKO its not fun the thing sounds like its going to come apart any day. I'm going to get rid of it and switch to an auto just so I don't have to worry about it. My choice would be an auto.