1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Any EEC-V people in here?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by BBR, Feb 17, 2022.

1. BBR

Background: 460 swap into a 1998 Mustang GT. Car was originally a 4.6L/ manual trans car. The goal for this car is to be the 460 powered Mustang Ford should have built back in 1998. I want to keep all the amenities, AC, PS, PB, etc fully functional. I was going to run a C6, but changed my mind and now I am going to use my E4OD. It's a bit bigger and heavier, but has that wonderful 4th gear and it is in excellent mechanical condition. (was previously in Nanner, my '73 Ford truck).

Now that engine, trans, harness and headers are all in I need to start thinking more seriously about the changes I need to make to the EEC-V. I have an F3 and a Jaybird from Moates and am familiarizing myself with TunerPro RT.

Injectors for first start will be 30lb. ECU is a BAI1, stock MAF, cam position sensor will likely be initially inop as I goofed and built a 3 pin sensor when I should have built a 2 pin.

I tried posting over at EECTuning.org, but it has been nothing but crickets.

Just trying to get a start-up tune figured out so this thing will light off so I can break in the cam.

So the things I *think* need to be addressed are:

TSTRAT to 0 for no transmission control
    DISPL_LITERS to 7.5
    FN1329 - Injector firing order to 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8 (Change FN1329A too?)
    PATS Code - necessary? Not 100% sure what to do there.
    Global Fuel K-constant to 30
    AHISL to 30

Build Thread: https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/b...llenge/1278969-the-98gt-4pointsix-to-4sixzero

image_78004.jpg #ad

2. B E N

Contact @decipha (Michael Ponthieux) If you can't get him by PM he owns efidynotuning. He is an expert on that era Ford.

3. BBR

Yep I posted over there yesterday. Since I am using all the 4.6L hardware (except injectors) it *should* be pretty straightforward.

4. Pro-SC

Have you considered using a 96/97 f250/350 460 California ecu? You will have e4od control as well as eec-v mass air. You would need to chip it for the 30lb injectors. You could also use a 96 351w ecu chipped.
    I know you can tune the 96 f150 351 ecu as Travis did one for me with an old school sct 4 bank chip.
    You could also run a pimp x shift from stinger, you just need to make an adapter to go from eec-iv to eec-v. The trans control on the pimp x shift is worth the price of admission alone.

5. BBR

I have a complete Mass-Flow EEC-IV (A9L based) 460 kit that I got in a killer deal (intake, rails, tb, hat, 80mm maf, injectors, tfi distributor, complete stand-alone harness and Bauman Optishift). All I really wanted was the 4bbl tb, hat, intake, rails and injectors and Optishift. Everything was brand new.

I considered using that entire setup, but the cons just seemed to outweigh the pros. Packaging played a big part of that. I needed the serpentine setup (to keep the cooling stack stock) and the only place the alternator would fit was up top right where the distributor lives. It just seemed like there was going to be a lot of hoops to jump through to convert to an EEC-IV.

I saved the Mass-Flow tune off the F3 so I have that to look at as a reference for certain aspects of this project.

[​IMG]#ad

B E N and Pro-SC like this.
  6. Bill Chase

pro-m efi are, and were Ford eec experts, their stand alone system is the only one i am aware of that is maf based. probably not cheap, but if anyone could pull it off and make it so you lost no dash functions, etc etc they would be the people to talk to.